To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
WATCH! the instructional video (thanks to WooThemes).
To install Dragness theme please follow these steps:
- Download a theme package file from ThemeForest . Unzipp the package file on your computer - theme package folder will be created.
- In WordPress admin navigate to Appearance » Themes » Install Themes » Upload and select the zipped theme file inside install subfolder of the previously unzipped theme package folder.
- Now press [Install Now] button and wait until theme is uploaded and installed.
- Once installation is done, activate the theme in Appearance » Themes .
- SpyroPress dashboard will appear to guide you through the SpyroPress Builder Activation and basic theme settings.
Dragness comes with an auto theme updater notifier. As soon as we update the theme you will be notified for the latest available version.
The built-in theme updater will update the theme for you, it will download the latest changed files only and replace them in your theme folder on the server.
We have a recommend plugins list for Dragness . To install recommended plugins you can follow the step by step tutorial given below.
READ! Thanks to wpbeginner for the step by step guide.
Installing Demo Content
- Once you have purchased the theme, you can download the demo content from our support forums and unzipped in your computer.
- In WordPress admin navigate to SpyroPress » Theme Options » Export/Import . Open and copy the content of demo-options.txt file and paste it into "Import" field and press Import options .
- Make sure the permalinks structure is set to "Post name" (in Settings » Permalinks ) - this is required for the right content displaying in some shortcodes and is recommended option for better SEO.
Then navigate to
Tools » Import
and choose the
first you have to install the WordPress Importer plugin if you haven't installed it yet.
- Now select the demo-content.xml file and press [Upload file and import] button to start the import procedure.
- For import settings choose the author, under whom the content is imported and check to download attachments (images in this case). Press [Submit] button.
- Now we need to set up homepage and blog page. Navigate to Settings » Reading and set "A static page (select below)" in "Front page displays" section. Select "Homepage Layout #" which you want as your website's front page and "Blog" as posts page.
- To set the menu, navigate to Appearance » Menus and select any menu for Primary navigation in Theme Locations section on the left. Press [Save] button.
Never touch HTML again or use Pre-Defined Page Templates, time to regain control over your website and its content. This is what Content Management System means and SpyroPress Builder do.
Brings the revolutionary Drag-and-Drop Page and Template Builder. Create elegant and complex layouts through our advanced visual interface. Be free to add anything in any place you want and be in control of everything.
Its backed by Countless Modules with Developer API to create unlimited modules according to your need.
Integrated into Wordpress Core
Yes! Now you can use your favorite widgets, shortcodes, wordpress sidebars and wordpress menus to freely build whatever you want.
Additional Content Types
Dragness comes with some useful custom content type (custom post types). The default predefined content types are:
- Bucket: Buckets are pieces of reusable content, which can be placed in the middle of another content area or even inside another bucket.
- Pricing Table: Show your pricing/subscription plans through Price table in effectively. You can display price table anywhere into your posts, pages, custom post types or widgets by using the shortcode.
Bucket How to use?
Buckets are reuseable piece of content, which can be placed in the middle of another content area or even inside another bucket.
Advantages of Using Buckets
- Buckets make use of SpyroPress Builder for creating content! that mean you can design the complex bucket layout as well.
- Content is reusable in any area of the website – post, pages, sidebars, etc.
[bucket id="" /]shortcode can be used to display specific content into a post/page.
Creating a Bucket
- Navigate to Tempalte Builder » Add New to create the Bucket.
- Set the bucket title and build the content using SpyroPress Builder.
- Goto Template Setting metabox which is on the right side of the screen and select the Type to Partial.
- Click [Publish] button to save the bucket.
Voilla! your first bucket is ready to use.
Pricing Table How to use?
Pricing Table show your pricing/subscription plans through Price table in effectively. You can display price table anywhere into your posts, pages, custom post types or widgets by using the shortcode.
[pricing_table id="" /]shortcode can be used to display table into a post/page.
Adding new Pricing Table
- Navigate to Pricing Tables » Add New to create a new pricign table.
- Type the table name for internal use and values in the editor.
- You can check the Recommeded option for the table to make it highlight.
- Add as much rows as you want into the feature section of the pricing table.
- Click [Publish] to publish the FAQ.
How to use theme admin panel?
Dragness featured an amazingly powerful and beautiful Site Options Panel where you can find all the theme settings. It is as easy to use as it gets and offers several different options fields and input types which help to set the right option value.
All, theme options are self-explanatory or are described well directly in admin panel. The theme options page is divided into the following categories:
- General Setting
- Slider Settings
- Layout Customization
- Import and Export
Exporting / importing the theme settingsYou can export and save your theme settings and later import them back in Appearance » Options Export/Import section. Please read the available options description for more info on how to export or import theme settings.
All the theme options can be set in theme admin panel. To display it navigate to Spyropress » Theme Options in WordPress admin menu.
After admin panel is displayed, choose the options category from left pane.
Panel contains many different settings for the theme. Please, read the option description for more information on each option and how to set it up.
- After you set all the required options, don't forget to save your changes by clicking the [Save changes] button.
Dragness comes with some useful spyropress builder modules.
- Bucket: Place your partial content saved in buckets anywhere using this module.
- Call of Action: Place Call of Action banner anywhere in your content.
- Contact Info: This helps you to create your contact info in footer.
- Divider: Place a divider with the default theme style to seperate sections.
- Feature List: This helps you to create your product or service feature list section.
- Heading: Create section header using this module.
- Latest Projects: This module helps you to list your latest projects easily.
- Rich Text: Rich text editor provide easiness to add the html content or even shortcode anywhere.
- Sections: This module is used to create the sections for the website. Its the main site building tool.
- Steps: It will help to make presentation in step manner.
- Tabs: Tabs layout builder help you to easily create content based or bucket based tabs.
- Testimonials: Testimonial slider module used to make testimonial section.
Tips and Tricks
Make your site run faster Add some rules to your .htaccess file
If you have never done this, you should be careful when doing it, but this is the most important step you can do to make your site load faster. First, you need to find your .htaccess file, which should be at the root of your WordPress installation. Open it, and at the top, add these lines of code:
#SET EXPIRY DATES FOR RESOURCES # 1 YEAR
Here is the list of additional useful recommended plugins:
Jetpack by WordPress.com
The Jetpack plugin was created directly by WordPress and offers so much features. The most useful ones are social networks sharing buttons (fully styled with this theme) or easy to use form generator . (Please note that the theme doesn't support plugin's Infinite Scroll feature.)
WordPress SEO by Yoast
Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site using the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast.
WPML - The WordPress Multilingual Plugin
This is a perfect solution for making your website multilingual.