Home Forums RedExp Themes Slider Revolution Slider Revolution Drupal Module 8 installation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Harry 1 week, 6 days ago.

How would you rate the support you received?
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

• Author

Joanna Bielecki
    Participant

Hi I just purchased Slider Revolution Responsive Drupal Module 8 and downloaded a zip file. When I tried to install it through the Extend/Install New Module process in Drupal using the zip file the website responded: “File upload error. Could not move uploaded file.” Would you be able to provide another way for the installation of this module in Drupal e.g. .tar.gz file, or is it possible to install it using Composer dependency manager? I might be having problems because I work with virtual site which is designed to use Composer for modules installation. My version of Drupal is 8.3 and on another website 8.5, and I am trying to install revslider 5.5. Thanks.

Joanna Bielecki
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Harry
    Keymaster

Hi

Sorry about this issue, You can install modules manually

Manual module import

The ‘manual’ method amounts to your manually putting the module where it belongs in your codebase.

That will either be locally on your computer, or at an online site by uploading it with your webhost Control Panel, or with SFTP.

Also, you must manually extract the module’s files from the *.tar.gz or *.zip file, either before importing it, or after.

A manual import for a ‘local’ site running on your computer is not really such a chore, particularly if you are already familiar with using *.tar.gz or *.zip files.

With a manual import to an ‘online’ site, it is much faster to upload the module as a single *.tar.gz or *.zip file, as opposed to uploading the multiple files and folders from an extraction of the *.tar.gz or *.zip file.

Also, for an online site, if you would first upload the *.tar.gz or *.zip file, you can easily extract it using your webhost Control Panel’s ‘File Manager’ in a matter of two or three seconds, by doing the following:

How to extract an online *.tar.gz or *.zip file using your webhost Control Panel

Login to your webhost Control Panel.
    Go to “Files” > “File manager”.
    Navigate to the *.tar.gz or *.zip file.
    Click on the file once to highlight it.
    Click the page-top button “Extract”.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.